Saturday, March 13, 2010

Car Paint/Rain Question! Please Help!?

Okay. So I have spray-painted the front and rear bumper of my suv with Krylon black spray paint. Once all that dried, I put layers of Clear Enamel on it. It has now sat in my garage for 2 weeks now. If I park it in the driveway, and lets say it rains for 2 days, will the paint start to come off?Car Paint/Rain Question! Please Help!?
No, it should be fineCar Paint/Rain Question! Please Help!?
if you scuffed the bumper and degreased it prior to painting you should not have any problems
if every thing is dry it shouldn't the clear coat should protect it
If you prepped the bumpers correctly it will be OK. If not, heat and cold will cause it to blister and peal off. If they are flexible plastic bumpers and you didn't use the correct ';bumper flexible'; black paint and clear coat it will come off no matter what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment