Saturday, March 13, 2010

I need a paint job for my car. I just need a decent cheap job with white or black. Is Maaco the right place?

I just need a cheap paint job to get my car looking better. Not show quality. I have heard Maaco sucks, but I just need something better than what I have now. Any advice on what I should do befor I go there, any prep work i should do? Also, out of all there packages, which ones the best, for my budget of around 500.00?I need a paint job for my car. I just need a decent cheap job with white or black. Is Maaco the right place?
Had a car painted white for them over 7 years ago just a cheap job, and it still shines and looks great. For $500 you can get it done by Maaco or try Earl Scheib they are running a deal now for there pro 3 paint job I think it is around $400. It cost more for the paint and materials that is why no other shop is going to paint your vehicle for that kind of money. stop by one of the shops and look for vehicles that were just painted by them this way you can see thr kind of work they do. Good luck.I need a paint job for my car. I just need a decent cheap job with white or black. Is Maaco the right place?
Don't go to a cheap place if you're going to go with black. Black will show all of a car's surface imperfections and if the prep work/paint isn't of high quality it probably won't look very good... White's easier to keep clean and hide the dirt.
If you aren't going to own you re car long there paint jobs typically don't last
Call Maaco first - see what kind of deals they have going on. Then call any local body shop %26amp; see what they have to say - I'm sure if you tell them you're looking for a crappy paint job they'll be confident they can do it.
i own a repair shop,and id try and get the best paint job they offer,pretty much all of what you have heard about them is true,they don't do really good at doing this,and anything you can do to prep it will help,but they don't really spend a lot of time on prep work or masking,neither of these are there strong points,but for a cheap job sometimes,they do alright ,i just hope the paint stays on ,i have known of a few of there jobs peeling off real bad,id get the best one they had to offer,get your 500 bucks worth anyway,good luck i hope this helps.
I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THEM THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS MY SISTER HAD HER CAR PAINTED BY MACO IT DIDN'T LAST LONG AND SHE HAD TO TAKE IT BACK BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T CLEAN THE INSIDE OUT NAD ALSO SHE HAD THREE SPOTS THAT WERE ORANGE PEEL AND THEY WOULDN'T FIX THEM AND NIETHER DID THE CORP.
If you use Maaco, never use a pressure wash or the paint will come off.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!


it looks good for about a year, then as you scrub the car harder it starts to come off. if you are going to put all that money to pain the car, do it at a place that will use better paint and charge more, you get what you pay for, trust me. there is a place in west covina, 1 day auto paint, somethihng like that. its on azusa i believe. not sure if its still there., i got my 94 tercel poainted white there. it looked like a brand new car. get an estimate. i paid 500 for the basic service, with door jams. then, i sold the car for 1,000 dollars more. it pays off. look into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment