Thursday, March 11, 2010

Any ideas on how I can remove masking tape from my car paintwork without damaging the paint?

I've taken off the top papery layer, but the gluey bit is not budging...Any ideas on how I can remove masking tape from my car paintwork without damaging the paint?
Dribble white spirit behind it and peel off very, very slowly. Add spirit if it looks like holding on. Be patient.Any ideas on how I can remove masking tape from my car paintwork without damaging the paint?
I haven't looked myself but have a look at





www.vinegarbook.co.uk





or





www.saltbook.co.uk





they may help
rubbing alcohol
Goo Gone. Does the trick, but it is a little oily so you will have to wash off after removing the tape. All a good woman needs is goo gone, duct tape and wd40 if that doesn't fix it, it can't be done. lol :-)
Water down some methylated spirit (about a 3:1 ratio) and apply to the tape. (It might be worth testing the meths solution on a part of the car you can't see to see if it will damage your paint or not)


Very carefuly work the solution around the tape and start to peel it off very slowly.
hot water with or without vinagar


next time use low tack
Warm water with a bit of washing-up liquid....apply generously (and again, and again if needed) with a clean cloth. It will come off (eventually) so you'll have to be patient.
try GOO GONE
how about pouring scorching hot water on it and rubbing off?!
denatured alcohol
white spirits works fine

No comments:

Post a Comment