Sunday, March 7, 2010

I paint cars using urethanes, thinners, isocyanites ect. How much can that effect a blood alcohol test?

I use so many different types of toxins it's unreal. My shop does not have a fresh air supply system, so we have only cartridge type masks. I blew a .12 and a .10 on a breathalyzer and was arrested after work one evening and no one seems to acknowledge the fact that I was not drunk. The arresting officer even stated I was soiled with paint, paint thinners and solvents. Help me prove my case!I paint cars using urethanes, thinners, isocyanites ect. How much can that effect a blood alcohol test?
A breathalyzer is not a blood alcohol test (BAT).... If the alcohol showed up on the BAT you are busted! Just being around paint, paint thinners, and solvents will not cause them to show up in your blood!I paint cars using urethanes, thinners, isocyanites ect. How much can that effect a blood alcohol test?
BAT's pick up ketones from the metabolism of alcohol on your breath - if you use thinners etc those are ketones too and tt is possible those could fiddle the readings.

No comments:

Post a Comment