Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Paint my bicycle with car paint? tri-color?

to get my road bicycle painted. some guy is asking for 200$ and i don't have that kind of money.





well does anyone know how nice it would look if i just go to my autoshop and buy a tri-color paint bottle and just paint my bike?





ofcourse i would sand and prime it first. please give me advicePaint my bicycle with car paint? tri-color?
I suggest that you call a few local autobody shops and get other ideas of price. In the Maryland/Pennsylvania area most body shops will paint a bike frame for about $50. This includes snading and spraying. If the frame is in bad shape they sandblast it for about $20 more.





This type of work is usually done on someones lunch break so it might be beneficial to provide a meatball sub!





Of course, you have to supply the the frame only- it must be completely disassembled.





OOPS... I just read your question again. A tri color finish is certainly worth the $200 they want to charge. It is not an easy job to do this well and spray cans just don't provide the finish that you would expect for this kind of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment