Thursday, March 4, 2010

How do I get the shine back on my cars paint work as I have over done it with T-Cut using a buff (Electric)?

My car was badly scored by my kids so I used T-Cut and applied it with a buff battery operated, now the paint has no shine in patches all over the body. Is there anything I can do to bring it back to a shine.How do I get the shine back on my cars paint work as I have over done it with T-Cut using a buff (Electric)?
Sorry mate,respray,its not the shine thats gone!you have instead thinned your paint job,its not coming back,i feel for you,i let my son help on another car years a go,he said hows that dad,';SHOCK';,a big semi white/red patch on my nice bright red citroen gt,bless him,we all have to learn!sometimes the hard way eh,he now knows that citroen in french,means ';lemon';.How do I get the shine back on my cars paint work as I have over done it with T-Cut using a buff (Electric)?
Thanks voters

Report Abuse



Try Autoglym polish - it may work but not sure
You should use a heavier circular polisher with speed control[not an orbital buffer]. Harbor Freight sells a nice one for around $30.





Using a foam pad on the polisher with a small amount of compound applied to the paint,bear down with the polisher until it shines properly.Concentrate on a few square inches until it looks right then repeat in another adjoining area.





After the paint is restored with compound ,wash and dry the car then repeat the polishing process with a quality cleaner wax like Meguiars or Turtle Wax instead of compound.Start with a clean freshly washed foam pad on the polisher.





The last step is to apply a coat of wax again,by hand.Let it dry then remove the residue and bring up a deep shine with the polisher and foam pad.
you`ve taken the laquer off in places! re-spray拢拢拢拢拢拢拢拢
if u use a polish called carnuba dont no if thats spelt wright like but that can maybe help bring the paint back up, itl lift the top layer off and releases another younger and shinier paint job it did wid mine and my car is bright red.
  • acne scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment