Thursday, March 4, 2010

Super Glue on car paint, very dumb mistake. Need help!?

Yes I managed to get super glue on my car, I don't know what I was thinking. Or even if I was. All I know is that its on there and I want it off, without harming the paint in the process of getting it off. Is there anything I can use to do this with?Super Glue on car paint, very dumb mistake. Need help!?
I know that the acetone in nail polish can remove super glue from you, but I don't know if it would damage a car.Super Glue on car paint, very dumb mistake. Need help!?
If it's got a clear coat you're not going to get it off without leaving marks. Use mild solvent, your car manual should tell you which kind and will also tell you how to repair the scuff marks you're going to see afterwards.





If it doesn't have clear coat again use the solvent but you likely won't see any scuffing, the paint is usually much better sealed than the clear coat.
Acetone removes super glue and doesn't harm paint. BUT the glue may have penetrated the paint.
Try a light solvent. It wont damage the paint.
Fingernail polish remover.

No comments:

Post a Comment