Thursday, March 4, 2010

My car's paint is weak, shop won't believe me. What do I do?

Hi. I have a car that had a paint that changes color and becomes of this you can notice dirt and scratches very easily. My car was factory made this way. Anyways, I have noticed that my whole car is scratched up and it is noticable. I took it to two body shops and both say that the paint seems to be weak and that these scratches we not made by a person. Rather by water and weather and it should be that prone to scratches. However, then I took it to the auto dealer I bought my car from %26amp; had them inspect it. They said it was normal wear and tear and there is nothing they can do to it except buff it out, but it would cost over $1000.00 to buff the whole car. I am the only owner and only have had it for 5 months. I wouldnt be so picky if it was a few years but its brand new and only has 3000 miles %26amp; has a bumper-to-bumper warranty but they said that doesn't cover the warranty. What should I do?? How can I explain to them that I need this fixed and that its not my fault? Thanks!My car's paint is weak, shop won't believe me. What do I do?
I am guessing that yours is some sort of ford/lincoln/mercury product. If so, you are not the only one with this insane problem. Wait till your engine gives you problems, and ford will say its not under warranty because your engine is a wear and tear item too. Soo much for ford's so called bumper to bumper warranty,lol. SELL IT. Don't get screwed like my cousin did.My car's paint is weak, shop won't believe me. What do I do?
tell them that it's not upto standard, and no were, when you bought the car, was you told about the 'weaker' and more scratch prone paint work.
yeah dude, fords warranties are garbage, but you can call the 800 number in the manual instead of going to some shi tty dealership. the 800 number people will takje care of you.





My chevy has the 100000 mile bumper to bumper (paint and all) and ive never had a prob taking it in.
i own a shop ,and your right on this one it is covered under warranty , and if you want them to they will have to paint it to your satisfaction,i have seen cars like this that scratched real easy,and had what is called soft paint on them,and they are more likely to get scratched up ,id take it back or call the manufacturer on this one, they have a customer help line in the owners manual and explain this to them,you can make that car qualify as a lemon if you push the issue,but eventually they will have to re-paint if for you,all their going to do is put it off as much as possible,a 5 month old car shouldn't look like that ,and no you don't have to pay for buffing it out either,that's another rip there trying to get over on you ,id call the customer complaint line on the dealer if they don't become more co-operative,good luck with this,i hope you get this one straitened out.
  • acne scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment